RETAIN Kentucky is a federally-funded research study implemented by the University of Kentucky designed to expand services to help thousands of newly injured and ill employees across the Commonwealth stay in the workforce. This free program is open to individuals 18 and older who have non-occupational illnesses or injuries that prevent them from performing their jobs. Participants will get support to identify their stay-at-work and return-to-work goals and take steps to achieve those goals. All eligible, enrolled participants will have support to identify their stay-at-work and return-to-work goals and take steps to achieve those goals through the development of an individualized Return-to-Work Plan. All participants will also receive connections to community resources to help with day-to-day challenges and employment support. Participants will receive a $100 gift card after completing the intake interview. Those completing the study will receive an additional $50 gift card.
Am I eligible to participate in RETAIN?
To be eligible to participate in RETAIN, you Must:
- Be a Kentucky Resident
- Have a non-work-related injury or illness
- Be employed or have been employed during the last 12 months
- Have not applied for or are not receiving Federal Disability benefits including Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Please note that as a participant, you must be able and willing to participate in the intake process. If you meet the criteria above, a representative from RETAIN will call with information about the program.
How do I enroll?
People who meet the above eligibility criteria can contact RETAIN by doing ONE of the following:
- Scan the QR Code on this page with your smartphone camera, answer 5 questions and provide your name and contact information
- Call 859-562-3251 and provide your name and contact information
- Email your name and contact information to: RETAIN@uky.edu
For more information, contact: Lynn Robbins at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scan this QR code to start a referral!