|Adult NeuroRecovery expands our ability to understand the mechanisms of activity based interventions including Locomotor Training and NeuroMuscular Electrical Stimulation on motor function and physiological systems.
FOCUS OF WORK
Investigate mechanisms and physiological systems that promote retraining of the nervous system to perform motor tasks.
- Studies range from understanding the plasticity of the spinal cord in humans to examining the secondary health related issues associated with spinal cord injury.
- We focus on retraining the nervous system through activity dependent plasticity
- We use multiple strategies:
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation
- Transcutaneous spinal cord epidural stimulation
- Locomotor training
- Stand Retraining
- Functional Training
- We study
- Metabolic, Neuromuscular and Skeletal systems
- Bowel, Bladder and Sexual function
- Cardiovascular and Respiratory systems
- Motor Systems
Adult NeuroRecovery Program
Metabolic, Neuromuscular and Skeletal
Cardiovascular & Pulmonary
Movement Performance & Locomotor Recovery
Urogenital & Bowel
Biostatistics and Outcomes
Database and Informatics
Finance and Administrative