|< BACK TO TRANSLATIONAL SUPPORT CORES
Susan Harkema, Ph.D.
Courtney Ware, APRN
Erin Brinks, CSW
Heather Conner, RN
Kristen Johnson, RN
Lynn Robbins, RN
Tiffanie Shelburne, CPT
Yukishia Austin, RN
Supports all surgical procedures and post-operative care; provides medical oversight during epidural stimulation and activity-based interventions; supports research medical procedures; management and processing of blood, urine and tissues sample for human and porcine; IRB and FDA regulatory.
- Oral Glucose Tolerance Test: an assessment to determine how well the body’s cells are able to absorb glucose after ingesting a specified amount of sugar.
- Intestinal Biome Analysis: a test to detect beneficial and pathogenic microorganisms associated with specific infections, lifestyle choices, and gut conditions.
- Dietary Log: an assessment to determine the eating habits of the participant, so suggestions and changes can be made as necessary.
- Blood Analysis: an assessment to check a variety of health markers found in the blood.
- Medical Evaluation: comprehensive physical examination, review of laboratory and test results, assist in experiments and consult session to field any medically-related concerns, such as muscle biopsies and urodynamic assessments.
Adult NeuroRecovery Program
Translational Research at KSCIRC
Translational Science Cores
Translational Support Cores